Updates in pictures

Two years ago, I set out in my photography journey.
I wanted to have an awesome Christmas card.
So, I set it up and had Linda take our picture.
Two years later, tons of hours editing, researching, and practicing later… John asked me to re-do the family picture. He said it was terrible. He wanted the same shot, but just better. So I turned that into our Project 12 for the month and a mini-photo shoot for the family.
Just a tad different, don’tcha think?
I am almost embarrassed about that first picture.. I was so proud and it’s terrible. I’ve learned a little bit more about exposure and white balance, but for me, photography is about constantly studying and getting better. If you think you know it all, it’s time to get out.
This is Classic Claire.
Linus and her blanket..
I love this picture.
Of course I got gussied up and had John take my picture!
I hope you enjoyed my mini-session with the kids!
I was supposed to be giving the garage an acid bath, but I have apparently sniffed too many fumes, I have been banned from working in there anymore and he is going to finish it. Who knew that you could literally get sick from smelling paint thinner fumes? Don’t worry.. I have before and after pictures of the garage to share with you soon.. it’s only been a project for 3 weeks.
Happy Friday, Y’all!!

19 Responses to Updates in pictures

• Neely says:

Super cute!

• Libby's Life says:

I love that family picture! And those pics of your girls in the Miss Alabama shirts are just way too cute for words!

• Rebecca Laney says:

I remember when you did the first picture & I thought it was FANTASTIC! Wow, I certainly see the difference. However, embarrassed is certainly not what you should be of that first one. It's still pretty great! I love your mini photo shoot. Your family is precious to me. I love you all!!! The one of Claire holding your face…oh my! I love those kids!!!

• Running in Pearls says:

I remember when you shared that picture! I love them both though, I wouldn't be embarrassed :)

I think everything turned out beautifully and could your girls be any cuter?

• That Pink Girl says:

LOVE the pics of you laughing with your girls. Those are precious moments to have captured!!!

• Zara says:

Your girls are adorable, and I love the family photo. It is amazing what a bit of practice and learning can do to the quality of the shot. I feel as if I am always improving. :-)

• Aly @ Analyze This says:

You are GORGEOUS!! Seriously. I want those earrings … not sure if I have ever mentioned that before ;)

Your kids have grown up so much! Adorable little red heads!!

• crazyrunninglegs says:

Gorgeous pictures!! That is such a beautiful picture of you.

• Mr. and Mrs. Smith says:

I love that y'all wore the same clothes. You're so cute!

I love the pictures of you with the girls. So special!

• BlessedMama says:

I love them!
    What sites do you use to edit & "research" photography? I am hopeing to get a new camera for my birthday, a good one, and want to start taking good pictures :)
    You should do a post about it if you are bored some day :)
    Have a great,safe 4th of July weekend!

• Amber says:

Love the pics! Wish I had this talent :)

• Lisa Anderson says:

Wow, what a difference two years has made! Your little girls are adorable! I bet it's sad to see how much they have grown since the 1st picture.

• TOLIVER FAMILY says:

what a great idea

• Kirsten says:

I just bought my first "big girl" camera! I guess the best way to learn how to use it is by practice :) P.S. your girls are ADORABLE!

• Nicki says:

These pictures are so great — you look beautiful! I have to ask — where did you get the earrings? They are amazing!!! ;)

• The Crimella's says:

I adore your entire family!!! And the pic of you….stunning!!!

• runbakerace.com says:

What beautiful photos and family! I just started on my photography journey, can't wait to learn more about it.

• Ashley says:

Great pictures of an adorable family!

You look fantastic.

• Heather says:

Awww, presh photos! What a great individual shot of you. I need you to teach me your ways w/ a camera. I'm totally clueless. All I have is a Canon digital powershot so I don't know if it can get the job done or not for awesome photos like these.