Just like GaGa.
You see, I feel different this time in training and I have finally pinpointed what it is.
I’ve stopped competing with everyone around me and started competing only with myself.
I started running to prove to everyone else I could do it and now I am proving to MYSELF just how far I can push it.
Do I still have days where I don’t feel like running? Sure. But it’s nothing like the last go ’round. I look forward to seeing if I can push myself. This week, I have 2 done things I am proud of in training. One is I ran 4 miles without stopping. I have NEVER done that before. I have always been stopping to catch my breath or stopping to have a drink of water. The second is, I ran 3.06 miles is 31 minutes. Something I have never done. It is a goal to break 30 min on a 5K and I can feel that it is so close.
I feel that I have been doing an excellent job of re-training myself to not heel strike. No knee problems like before, my posture is better during the run so I feel like that has helped my breathing. No side stitches. And? The kicker? I can run faster. Yep. I carried a sub 10 minute mile for 2 miles today. For some, that’s a slow day. For me, it’s flying.
I think I can proudly say that I love running. I am not running to get the pounds off or to prove to someone that I can do it. I am just starting to see how much and how far you can push your body. And guys? I am digging it.
After my awesome 4 mile run, when I got home and got out of my car, my knee was hurting. I got scared. I ran today, and it didn’t bother me. It seems to only hurt when I push down hard with my heel- which is weird.
Friday night, I am setting out to run the race that started this running bug. I always said I would run the midnight run and that is what I started training for and ended up with shin splints. 2 years later, I am signed up and ready to roll.
Now, onto a lighter note..
I’m linking up with Neely and Amber this week for Hey, It’s Okay!
Hey, It’s Okay
*to do a mental happy dance and fist pump after completing your longest continuous run ever.
*to feel a little B.A. with an ace bandage wrapped around you leg during a run, just so you don’t lose your bandage.
* to tell the story to everyone that will listen about the girl who tried to workout in a wet bathing suit and couldn’t figure out how to use the elliptical machine.
* to not understand the whole sensation of the fake feathers in your hair
* to judge girls who wear t-shirts with the arms cut off so I can totally see your sports bra and stomach
* to want to start another project before you completely finish one
* to be that girl who sweated all over the treadmill and not feel bad about it
* to be that girl who was on the treadmill running when you got there and to still be running when you leave
* to be so ready to see one of your best friends babies, you can’t hardly stand it (C’mon, Avery!)