I love you, Steve Jobs

I got a little surprise yesterday when I got home after my long afternoon of picking up kiddos, snacks, taking Addy to gymnastics and sitting there for 2 hours.. seriously. The child better be in the Olympics.
Anyway, John and I had been talking about getting my a laptop for a while.. since, we have been discussing splitting the playroom into an office/playroom and getting my desk out of the dining room.
Well, he surprised me with it tonight. What a sweetie. Now, let’s be real for a second, I paid for half of it and the other half is my anniversary gift.

Addy digs it.
 Me likey… with a text from Becca..
It’s a beauty.. 13 in Macbook Air. They have this nifty little thing that I am going to use and love- AirDrop.. I can access my files from my desktop- photos, etc and pull them up on the laptop and load them to the blog.. or whatever. SO EXCITING.
Yes, I have an iPad.. but it really doesn’t like blogging or flash, so it’s not great for blogging and photography related things. Plus, the girls play with that and they are banned from my laptop. :)
On a side note.. I went for my 5 mile run yesterday and I was running at a 10:00 min/mile pace, which is what I always run at, and my body was hurting.. like it was hurting at 10:45 pace. So I stepped it up to 9:30. It felt great. Although, I do have to accommodate it for a couple of runs by running 3 minutes and walking 1 minute.. it feels great. So, while I should be excited about speeding up, I think my body hates me and is making me run faster.. Dangit it for being more efficient.

Also.. don’t you want me to be Internet popular, so you can win free stuff?? Pimp me out, yo!!

17 Responses to I love you, Steve Jobs

• tara says:

Oooohh!! I loves it!!!

• Kate says:

That's a great anniversary gift! :)

• Aly @ Analyze This says:

What a nice gift!! Lucky, lucky gal!!!

• Lindsey @ Running Down A Dream says:

I'm so jealous.

I'm proud of your running skills.

And I'll totally pimp you out. Word.

• BlessedMama says:

Sweet! I am super proud of your running skills, spread the love :)

• Zara says:

Yay! congrats on the new toy :-) It's way sexy ;-)

• crazyrunninglegs says:

I love Apple products — I now have the trifecta (iPhone, MacBook Pro, and iPad) and LOVE THEM ALL!! Yay for your new addition :)

Awesome job on your run! It's funny how painful it can be to run slower sometimes.

• Impulsive Addict says:

I love my Macbook. LOVE.

But let's talk about this running business. For me to run less than a 10 min a mile would be a miracle. I run 11 minute miles on a good day and IN THE AC. Since it's been 143 degrees outside here in Oklahoma, running outside is not an option for me and hasn't been since like May. I'm waiting for fall. And then maybe I'll run a 12 min mile outside.

• Ashley says:

Ooh! Very nice!

• Life With Lauren says:

Love this such an awesome gift!

• Neely says:

Loves it!

• A Babbling Brunette says:

Eck! Welcome to the Mac side. You'll never go back!! We have 3 Macs and love them all!

• Whitni Alis says:

I love Apple. I have a Macbook, three iPods(one is a old nano and two are iPod touch 2nd and 4th generation.) and my boyfriend has a IMac. I really want a ipad, and I am getting a new Macbook Pro for my birthday this year. (my current Macbook is actually my boyfriend's but I use it mainly.) Steve Jobs recently stepped down as CEO because of his health problems but he is still on the board as Chairman.

• Whitni Alis says:

Oh and I forgot my boyfriend also has three iPods, (a old first one they came out with the Classic, a nano, and the 4th gen. IPod touch.)

• Amber says:

Best. Gift. Ever. I'm officially jealous!

• Erica says:

I am a new follower to your blog. I love Mac computers,about to update the one i have to a newer model. Girl, i wish my brother was in gymnastics classes for 2 hours he did that for a few months when he was 4 and then we jumped to 3 by the end of K and competing at 5 as well but the scores didn't count because he was actually not old enough to compete. by time he ended* i still miss the gym* off on Sunday unless their was a meet and 5 hours and is you add the travel to the gym 6.Saturday he wanted to stay longer. Meets are all day but i got to meet Olympians,World Champs, and College gymnast(i met Nastia years before 2008 and got her autograph even though she is fours younger then me) and he was coached by a few in the years he trained. Sorry about baring you with some of my family gymnastics history.Xo Erica

• Rebecca Laney says:

What?!?! A text from moi? You don't say?!?! :) haha. I'm so excited for you and your new love. It's about time Johnnyboy got an apple surprise for you. You deserve it!!