21 Things of Randomness
I was tagged by T at Racing with Babes for the 21 things of Randomness. So, I shall share 21 things of randomness and then tag 10 peeps.
So while everyone is out getting their Doorbusters and Black Friday deals.. here is something fun for you!
1. I am extremely Type A. I always have a To Do List. So much that sometimes I feel like a slave to it. You know that saying, “Everything has a place and everything in it’s place”? Yeah. That’s me. Even my light bulbs are filed away and organized. I dream of having color coordinated organizational totes for each seasons decorations.
2. Even though I am Type A, I can’t think of a trip in the past 5 years, that I haven’t forgotten something. Back when I packed for John, I forgot his toiletries bag once. This football season? I forgot my outfit for the game. It’s become a running joke that isn’t really all that funny.
3. I didn’t want to have kids when I was younger. I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to ever get married. I am sure am glad I changed my mind.
4. I am the baby of the family. Because of this, I always sympathize and side with the younger sibling. Good thing for Addison that J is the oldest child.
5. I always stick my foot in my mouth. I say things unintentionally that hurt peoples feelings without meaning to, just by the way I deliver a sentence. That’s probably a really bad thing.
6. I have an uncanny ability to read people and know if they are “good” people to be around. I guess that’s what my mom always called her “mother alarm”.
7. I am addicted to my iPhone. I totally made fun of them when they came out and how ridiculous it was that J stood in line for hours to get one. And now the thing sleeps next to my pillow. I am expecting an intervention any day now.
8. I have a gimp pinky because when I was a Freshman in high school, I broke it during a game of dodge ball and none of my parents believed me and it never got fixed.
9. Since turning 16, I have had 7 cars. That’s kind of insane.
10. I have to eat candy color coded and in even numbers. Take skittles for instance. If I poured some into my hand and let’s say that I had 3 red, 2 yellow, 4 green, and 2 orange I would eat one green by itself, then 1 red and 1 green (can’t eat the colors back-to-back), then I would simultaneously eat 1 set of red,yellow, green and orange. And then eat the other set last. Make sense? Welcome to my OCD.
11. I never run or workout with my wedding ring on. It’s a little loose and I am afraid it might fly off. Plus, I am too lazy to go get it sized. In fact, I don’t sleep it in either. (I’m starting to wonder if he is going to take it back simply because I hardly wear it.)
12. I weigh more now than I did when I got married but am a much smaller size. In fact, my pants are sizes I haven’t seen since 9th grade and it freaks me out to buy size smalls. I seriously had a panic attack in NYC when I had to buy a small sports bra and small running tights. Thank you, running.
13. I didn’t consider myself a runner until I finished my Savannah half. I actually trained for that and have a time I am super proud of! Then I ran Ruben 15 days after and fell.. now I just consider myself a hardcore runner. I have the battle wounds to prove it.
14. I wish I lived in the 50′s or 60′s. Day dresses. Calling cards. Thank you notes. Gloves. Hats. Yes please. It all sounds so proper and fun. I love looking at pictures in J’s grandmothers house.
15. I had a wreck the week before my wedding and cracked two bones in my foot. I walked down the aisle in an ankle brace. It still bothers me and I run funny on that foot.. I think it resembles Phoebe.
16. Hubs and I can speak entire conversations based on musical lyrics or movie quotes. It's a gift. I think it's a requirement in the family.
17. I love romance novels. I hardly read anything else. I don’t care who knows it. Give me a cheesy love story any day over someone’s biography. I just love romance and chivalry.
18. I love to turn on my iPod and dance around with the girls. It’s one of my favorite things to do. I love music and want them to love it too. The other day Addy asked me if a song was sang by The Beatles. It warmed my heart.
19. I am so nosey but hate being in the middle of drama. Unfortunately, those two things seem to go hand in hand. I guess that’s why I love blogging and twitter. It’s the most awesome way to be so nosey. Becca and I were talking today about how we wished more celebs tweeted less about their charities(insensitive alert) or re-tweeting what people say to them and more along the lines of, “Oh I just ate 14 tacos and it gave me righteous diarrhea.”
20. I have nightmares about getting divorced. No, J and I don’t fight that often and the “D” word never comes up, but being a product of divorce has it’s downfalls and I guess that’s one of them. (Sorry parents! I know you are MUCH happier now and I gained an extra Mom and Dad, but it still leaves scars.)
21. I judge you when you use poor grammar. My 9th grade English teacher taught me well. It is worse than nails on a chalkboard to hear someone speak incorrectly. It makes you sound ignorant. Apologies.
I am tagging: