Project 12. Completed.

I started this Project 12 in January, so hopefully we would have 12 good family pictures at the end of 2011. It was not easy. There are several months that I had to do 2 pictures, simply because we didn’t have time/ I forgot. I am very glad we did this. It became apparent early on, that I was going to have to get creative or else they would look the same. Some of these, I have no make-up on, some are the best we could do simply because we have two small children who are very uncooperative in front of the camera sometimes. (Some would call this perspective.. me learning what it’s like in front of the camera.)

June was actually taken at Addy’s birthday.

I feel like this project really helped me with my positioning of people and also helped my photoshop skills, as I had to learn how to photoshop my kids into pictures. :)

April is probably my least favorite month.. with a toss up between August, May, or November being my favorite.

September is probably hands down the best picture of the girls, but too bad my eye went wonky in it.

I don’t think I will do another one of these for 2012.. although they are nice to have, they are a lot of work, and I feel like I exhausted the grandparents taking these pictures. Or ya know, Tracie, who took a good bit of them too!

P.S. Dear Grandparents.. If you want one of these pictures, please just tell me and I will order it. Don’t steal them off the blog and print them. It will make me sad so see a poor quality picture of my family framed in your house.

14 Responses to Project 12. Completed.

• Kiley says:

I really love March and June! :) Great project. You got some lovely shots!! Y’all are a very pretty family. :)

• Lindsey says:

I love this! June, September, and November are my favorites!

• meghan says:

This is a great project! I can only imagine how much work it must have taken, as it takes me to the ends of the earth even to take an outfit picture of myself. And just out of curiosity, which picture did you photoshop your child into? Because, you did amazing. I went back checking and couldn’t for the life of me figure it out.

• Rachel says:

I think September? It was Claire… Maybe I should have shown the two pictures I combined? And possibly October.. I can’t remember if I ended up scrapping October and using one I had.

• Erica says:

Can I just say this is one of the best ideas I have ever seen! I love it!!! What a way to capture memories and on a budget!!! Thanks for sharing this they are just to cute! Erica

• Natalie says:

I.love.this.idea So much so, that I think I’m stealing it. This is the second year in a row that I’ve gotten to December only to realize I don’t have one flipping family picture of us. It’s riduculous.

Also? Jolie was sitting with me as I read it & she commented “Oh hey. That picture is on a Christmas card from your friend! ”
    Where did you get the girls dresses in November? Love those!

• Meghan says:

Your family is so stinkin’ adorable! I love this idea and I adore your photo style, lady!

• Aly says:

Sooo cute! Which months did you have to photoshop the kids into?!?! And how much taller are you than J??

• Valerie says:

Where are your strapless dresses from? Love them!

• amanda says:

I think all of the pictures look amazing! Nice sharp colors, great clothes, you did a good job.

• Molly says:

Love. March is my fave. Only you could take a pic in bed with a coffee mug and make it look amazing! I love June and September…what am I doing…I love them all. And I want June’s dress. Lets do some clothes swapping, shall we?

• Brooke says:

LOVE this!!! All your pictures are great.