2013 Year in Review
- Run/swim/bike a combined total of 1500 miles. Didn’t happen. I was right at 1,000 miles.. pretty far off.
- Run 3 half marathons this Spring. DONE.
- Complete 3 tri’s this summer. Only did 2.. stupid injury.
- Don’t die during the Ragnar Relay. DONE.
- Run a sub 2:15 half marathon. DONE.
- Cook dinner every night for an entire week. Totally forgot I set this as a goal..
- Grow an herb garden and use it! Nope. I have a feeling I will never do this.
- Balance between my goals, John’s goals, and what’s good for the girls. Reaching goals take sacrifice for all parties, and it’s very easy to become selfish with what you want, and not what’s best for the family. I’d like to think I did this!
- Take the girls on a weekend trip.. somewhere fun but within driving distance. DONE. The cruise counts, right??
- Be able to do the splits. This is laughable that I set it as a goal..
- Continue with cross training and weight training. DONE… Err… still a work in progress!
- Clean up my eating… being more mindful of what I am putting into my body. Still a work in progress…
- Go to a Pro Football Game. Another one that’s probably not going to happen.
I haven’t set my goals for 2014 yet.. I’m a little disappointed that I missed so many. Oh well! Let’s take a look back at how EPIC 2013 was.
We started off the year with C turning 4…
And then I ran Ragnar Relay FLK… I still can’t believe I did that.
We went to the National Title game… and I was photobombed by my brother in law.
I ran Mercedes.. and officially crushed my sub 2:15 goal.
And then 2 weeks later, I ran Tuscaloosa and PR’d again..
I went to Texas for the final BlissDom…
C discovered her love of a knee pop..
I went up to DC and ran Nike Women’s with Molly… No PR for me, but still was one of my favorite races.
I did another Tri.. this one with J and I placed in my Age Group again.
We went on a cruise… and had a fabulous time.
Tried some Energy Bits… loved them so much I became an ambassador. (Use RUNINHIGHHEELS for 15% off!)
I raced twice in one day.. Triathlon in the morning and a 5K at night.
Mom and I took Addy to the American Girl Store in Atlanta.
2014 has some big shoes to fill… Hope it can live up the expectations.
Are you sad to see 2013 go??