I’m alive. Yes, I took a much needed break.
I honestly had too much going on and had to drop a few things, like blogging and running. And life has been SUPER busy, but I’ll give you a quick run-down…
I had my 10 year high school reunion.
I’d love to say it went off without a hitch, but of course, we had some drama.
This one lost her first tooth.. on the eve of her very first spend the night party… yep. I totally cried. How is she this big?!?!
The tooth fairy brought her 2 gold coins. She was pumped.
Oh. And this has happened.
A leak. in my kitchen.
A word of advice… don’t build on a concrete slab.
The copper pipe was completely corroded. The plumbers were shocked!! Anyway.. I’m getting a new tile floor out of the deal. So that’s nice. Hopefully, it’ll go in next week. But until then.. my house is a disaster.
And Santa Claus was my plumber. Awesome.
Anyway.. I’m putting my big toe back in the waters of blogging and exercising again…
I am so behind on reading y’alls blogs, it’s not even funny.
But I have missed you and I hope the feeling is mutual!
These past two weeks have just been ridiculous. I decided I needed to start a list of things that have deserved throat punches over the past 10 days.
- Fever viruses. Claire had it–ran a super high fever. I thought she had the flu. Took her to Urgent Care and she was misdiagnosed with an ear infection. Which leads to my next throat punch…
- Idiot Doctors. You went through 8 years of school. You should be able to correctly diagnose an ear infection. AND know that there is a fever virus going around. C’s ENT did when we took her. Which leads to the next throat punch….
- Copays. Claire has tubes put in her ears yesterday.. $550. $200 for the hospital and $350 for the ENT’s office.
- Our Water Department. They have apparently been reading the wrong meter for 3 months.. we thought we had a leak somewhere, so we paid someone $300 to come out and check. Our water bill came in.. it was $95. J called and turns out they’ve been charging us for someone else’s water.
- Our mail lady. STOP MIS DELIVERING OUR MAIL!!!
- Fever viruses. Addy now has the stupid thing.
- Non-self cleaning houses.
- Shopping with two kids.
- Non- church appropriate Easter dresses. Where are appropriate Easter dresses?! Why is everything skankified?
- Accidental full bangs. Yep. Somehow I have ended up with a haircut I absolutely hate. I honestly feel claustrophobic under the bangs. I want to claw my face off. That’s normal, right?
Hopefully, my week will turn around, but geez. It’s been a little insane around these parts.
Claire came out of surgery and I have the best friend that offered to work so C would have a familiar face in the OR. I cannot thank Becca enough for being there since it eased my mind for Claire’s surgery. ( I know. It’s tubes. It took 5 minutes to do. But, still. My baby had to go into the OR and I was worried she would be scared.)
Anyway.. Have you wanted to punch anything in the throat this week?
Also.. what are your Easter plans?
I had no idea that this was going around on the Internets and T at Racing with Babes tagged.. I’m not gonna lie and say it doesn’t feel good to have someone so awesome tag me in something..
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Here we go…
1. I am deathly afraid of the dark and birds.
2. When J is out of town I sleep on his side of the bed and let Trixie sleep in the bed with me, just in case an burglars get any bright ideas.
3. I was on my high school’s tv station as an anchor. Once, while reading that days birthdays over the loudspeaker, I mispronounced some girls last name, and one of my teachers made fun of the girl who messed up that mornings announcements and I had to come clean in class that it was me.
4. During that same teacher’s class (on a different day, of course), I passed out during a presentation from giving blood and had to be carried from his classroom to the gym. SO embarrassing.
5. I have a bazillion different To Do Lists at any time- goals for the year, goals for the month, a daily to do list, a business to do list, a house project to do list. I am so organized, but can’t turn my mind off from other things that need to be cleaned/organized.
6. If I start a book, chances are nothing else will get done until I finish it. No laundry, no house cleaning, no cooked meals. This is probably why I rarely read anymore.
7. I thought my naturally curly hair wouldn’t curl anymore, but this weekend, due to pure laziness, I scrunched it up and it still curls. I haven’t straightened it since. J hates it.
8. I finally saw myself in a full length mirror at the gym in my running shorts and they are massive. How has no one told me how giant my clothes are?! I have since gone through and pulled everything that doesn’t fit in hopes to force myself to buy new clothes that fit. Which means, I currently have 3 running skirts, a pair of running tights, 3 sports bras, and 4 shirts that currently fit me. Yikes. Not enough clothes to run for a week!
9. I cannot stand starting projects and not being able to finish them. It makes me insane. I’m currently waiting on J to bring me staples home so I can finish recovering a chair. The crap strewn all over my house due to it, drives me crazy!
10. I hate buffets. I would rather not eat than eat at most buffets.
11. I am mildly obsessed with The Real Housewives series… the only one I don’t watch is Atlanta. I have to watch Beverly Hills and NYC on my own.. J won’t watch those with me.
My Questions to Answer:
1. Birthdays. Love them or hate them. Why? LOVE. L-O-V-E. It’s a day totally about ME. One year, I had to share my birthday with Easter and I was pissed because most people were all, “Happy Easter!” and not, “Happy Birthday!”.
2. Get your purse/gym bag: What are the first five things you pull out? I don’t have a gym bag, so I grabbed my purse. I pulled out my ipod and wallet simultaneously, my point and shoot camera, a bottle of Nuun, and my bag of lipgloss.
3. What is the one meal you can make better than anyone else? Yikes! I guess spaghetti. Although, I don’t measure so basically it comes out tasting a little different each time. But I guess it’s a staple around here because people like it. I also use angel hair noodles instead of spaghetti noodles. Although, I do enjoy my alfredo pasta that I make too. I also make a mean batch of strawberry cupcakes.
4. You get one wish. No restrictions. What is it? Tough. I guess to either be completely out of debt or to never have to worry about money. Or maybe I’ll go with something as simple as never having to do laundry again.
5. Cake or Pie? Cake. Pie doesn’t have icing…
6. What’s your secret talent? I don’t think I have a secret talent. Other than being able to curl my toes up under my feet and walk on them.
7. Early bird or night owl? Probably night owl. I am not a morning person, but would rather get up early to get stuff done rather than stay up late. Although, I would probably stay up until midnight most nights either reading, watching tv, or playing on the Internet.
8. Biggest pet peeve? Tough call between people who say they will do something and don’t or just general clutter and un-organization.
9. What’s your favorite weird food combination? (i.e. ice cream and pickles) Although I don’t eat them like this anymore, J makes fun of me for saying that you are supposed to put mayonnaise on black eyed peas. I also dig mustard on meatball sandwiches.
10. Which would you choose? No social media for a year or no working out for a month? Why? Holy crap. NO working out?! I guess I’d have to choose no working out. I can’t live without social media– I do a lot of photography business through social media, so I couldn’t give that up.
11. What are you sending me for my birthday? Umm.. if it would make it there and not be crushed, I’d send you a GiGi’s cupcake. Or perhaps a batch my strawberry cupcakes. They are legendary.
My Questions for my Victims:
1. What are you wearing right now?
2. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you move?
3. Who is your celeb crush?
4. What is a beauty product you couldn’t live without? (i.e. mascara or chapstick)
5. Do you think you are high maintenance or low maintenance? Why?
6. Would you rather have to run a marathon and a half marathon on consecutive days or be stuck on “It’s a Small World” for 5 hours?
7. What is your hands down, all time favorite movie?
8. If you were on Death Row, what would be your last meal?
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
10. Do you wash your hair everyday?
11. Do you prefer to text or talk on the phone?
I am tagging:
I seem to be noticing a trend here… oh my tangent-like blog posts.. I sure hope you enjoy them!
The past 7 days have been a little cray cray for Ray Ray..
We’ve had some family drama (keep it us in your prayers and good thoughts, I’d go into it on the blog, but don’t want to make anyone mad)
Hubs went out of town for the weekend leaving me with both girls, which we were going to have a girls weekend, but then I ended up getting a RIGHTEOUS head cold. I thought my eyes were going to bulge out of my head.
I took Claire to the ENT, he thinks he snotty nose is just from allergies, so she is now on Singulair and a nice nasal swab to help clear it up. We go back next week for further evaluation.
I’ve been working on some new crafty projects, that I plan to share with you in the coming days.
We found out that my Brother in law and sister in law are going to have a baby GIRL! Yay! I have a feeling this one will be another ginger…
I had to run a long run with my head cold… 6 miles. It got easier after 3.5 but it was tough mentally.
I awoke Monday to images of this on my computer screen:
A tornado hit where I grew up. So scary. I’ve talked to my step-mom briefly, she is okay, can’t get out of the neighborhood- they’ve got everything blocked off. I’ve heard there was damage to my elementary school, but I am not sure of the extent. My dad was in Little Rock and is on his way home. Basically, all of my dad’s family lives in either Center Point, Pinson, or Trussville and those areas were hit. My aunt and uncle and cousin live in the neighborhood where that 16 year old girl was killed. They are fine and don’t have any damage. SO thankful that all of my family is okay! On top of that, before the tornado hit, my grandmother fell trying to get into bed and was admitted to the hospital.
Also, Brighthouse- stop sending me e-mails. If I wanted a picture of me doing this, I would have ordered it already.
Here’s a whole bunch of randomness that I wanted to share.
I made some Angry Bird cupcakes following THIS TUTORIAL. It was pretty easy!
I also got The Hunger Games book.. oh my. Fantastic! I rate the series up there with Harry Potter and better than Twilight. Yep. The characters are different, but the writing is amazing. I was glued to it. I read the series starting on a Friday night and finished on a Monday. (This was also NYE weekend… so I was forced to get out of the house otherwise, it could have been sooner.)
And the best game ever. If you love this SITE, then this is the game for you!! And you probably should play it with my husband and Brother in law, as their comments are shocking and hilarious.
I had Dad video it, so you can see the Olympic goodness in my 4 year old. She dominates every event except the beam. Which I can’t blame her, that thing freaks me out too. Instead of posting a bazillion pictures, I’ll just post the shortened video. Dad took to heart when I told him I only cared about her being on it. He literally videoed her sitting and watching the other girls perform. Well done, Boompa. Well done. I now have 40 minutes of precious Addison video, of which I am only going to post about 5 minutes on here.
The part she was most excited about was her medal. Seriously. The running medals are rubbing off on her because she couldn’t wait to tell me about it.